Choco Cherry Pie S'more
If fruit pies and campfires had a baby, it would be this delectable s'more treat. Live a little and enjoy this ooey gooey fruity treat hot out of the oven to really treat yourself.
- 1 bag Stuffed Puffs® Chocolate-on-Chocolate Filled Marshmallows
- 2 frozen pie crusts, thawed in the refrigerator
- 1 can cherry pie filling
- 1 egg, for egg wash
- Preheat your oven to 350º F. Unroll one of your pie crusts. Spoon the filling into small rounds around the crust.
- Unroll the second crust and place it onto the other crust, pressing down around the mounds of filling.
- Use a biscuit cutter or a glass and cut the mounds into tiny pies. We were able to get 12 pies total, but it depends on which brand of pie crust you use. Discard any extra dough.
- Using a fork, crimp around the edges of the mini-pies to completely seal the filling in. Use a knife to cut a few small slits in the top to allow steam to escape.
- Next, whisk your egg with some water (like, 2 tablespoons) and brush the pies with the egg wash. Optional — you can sprinkle some coarse sugar on top to make your cherry pies extra sweet.
- Bake the pies for 25 – 30 minutes. Every pie crust brand is different, we recommend to check it at 25 and if it doesn’t look browned, let it keep cooking for 5 minute increments.
- Bring out the pies! Don’t even give them time to cool, flip them over and on 6 of them place a chocolate-on-chocolate stuffed puff marshmallows.
- Place the pies with marshmallows back into the oven for 3-4 minutes or until the marshmallows look adequately gooey.
- Sandwich with an additional mini-pie and enjoy!
Thanks to our friends at So Yummy for whipping up these sweet treats.