Toasted Marshmallow Linzers
Need a new holiday cookie to bake up this season? Look no further. These chocolatey marshmallow linzers are a bite of holiday heaven.
|2½ Hours||10-20 Linzers|
- 5-10 Stuffed Puffs® Classic Milk Chocolate Filled Marshmallows or Stuffed Puffs® Chocolate Peppermint Bark Filled Marshmallows
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup cocoa powder
- ¾ tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ¾ cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- White sanding sugar, for sprinkling
- Begin by making the chocolate cookie dough. In a medium bowl, combine flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a larger bowl, use a hand mixer to beat together granulated sugar and butter until fluffy and pale, about 4 minutes. Add egg and vanilla and beat until just combined.
- Add dry mixture to wet ingredients and mix to combine.
- Place dough in an airtight container and refrigerate for 30 minutes. Once chilled, divide the dough in half, and take turns rolling out both halves in between two pieces of parchment (one underneath, and one on top of the dough,) until you have rolled dough into around ⅛-inch thick rectangles. Chill sheets of dough for 1 more hour, until very firm.
- Heat oven to 350° F.
- Place rolled dough on a lightly floured surface. Cut varying shapes with cookie cutters of your choosing, making sure that each shape has a pair to “sandwich” later on.
- On one cookie in the pair, use a small circular cookie cutter and punch out a hole in the center of the cookie — this will be your “top” cookie.
- Transfer cut-out cookies onto a parchment-lined baking sheet and bake for 7-10 minutes, until the edges are set.
- While cookies cool, cut Stuffed Puffs® Filled Marshmallows in half.
- Once cooled, place half of Stuffed Puffs®, cut side facing down, in the center of each bottom cookie.
- Toast Stuffed Puffs® with a kitchen torch and sandwich with the matching “top” cookies. Enjoy!