Holiday Velvet Cupcakes
These holiday cupcakes with marshmallow "frosting" are the perfect holiday party trick. Festive and fun, this unique take on a classic cupcake is a fan favorite. Tis the season!
|15 Minutes||24 Cupcakes|
- 24 Stuffed Puffs® Classic Milk Chocolate Filled Marshmallows (approx. 2 bags)
- 1 box white cake mix, plus ingredients listed on box
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- Red and green food coloring
- ½ cup water, for dipping marshmallows
- Festive sprinkles, for garnish
- Paper cupcake liners, (make sure they are microwave safe)
- Heat oven to 350° F. Line cupcake tin with papers and set aside.
- Begin by mixing together cake mix by following instructions on the box. Once mixed, divide batter into two separate bowls.
- In one bowl, mix green food coloring until achieving desired results (for darker color, add a spoonful or two of cocoa powder to the batter.)
- To the other bowl, mix in ¼ cup cocoa powder and a few drops of red food coloring.
- Fill ½ of an ice cream scoop with green batter, and repeat by filling the other side with red batter. Scoop into paper-lined cupcake tin.
- Bake cupcakes for the time specified on the cake mix box.
- While cupcakes are cooling, dip Stuffed Puffs® Filled Marshmallows into water, one at a time. This will ensure the marshmallows melt smoothly.
- Top each cupcake with a water-dipped marshmallow and place, one by one, into the microwave for 10 seconds or less. Watch carefully, as the marshmallows will melt very quickly.
- Let each cupcake settle and the marshmallow deflate, as it becomes “frosting!” Decorate with sprinkles, if desired, and enjoy.