Looking for something a little different this Easter? Try out these fun colored cupcakes for a new kind of treat!
|15 Minutes||20 Cupcakes|
- 2 bags Stuffed Puffs® Classic Milk Chocolate Filled Marshmallows (or try Stuffed Puffs® Classic Milk Chocolate Easter Singles)
- 1 box white cake mix, plus ingredients listed on box
- Yellow, Pink, and Blue pastel gel food coloring
- ½ cup water, for dipping marshmallows
- Paper cupcake liners, (make sure they are microwave safe)
- 1 bag jelly beans
½ cup shredded coconut
- Heat oven to 350° F. Line cupcake tin with papers and set aside.
- Begin by mixing together cake mix by following instructions on the box. Once mixed, divide batter into three separate bowls.
- In separate bowls, mix in green, pink and blue food coloring until achieving desired results.
- Scoop batter into paper-lined cupcake tin, adding each color randomly until cupcake liners are filled about halfway.
- Bake cupcakes for the time specified on the cake mix box.
- While cupcakes bake, mix a few drops of pastel green gel food coloring into shredded coconut and set aside.
- While cupcakes are cooling, dip Stuffed Puffs® Filled Marshmallows into water, one at a time. This will ensure the marshmallows melt smoothly.
- Top each cupcake with a water-dipped marshmallow, pushing just slightly into the cake, about 1/4" or so.
Return topped cupcakes to the oven and allow marshmallows to melt and begin to cover the tops of the cupcakes. Remove before marshmallows begin to brown.
Remove cupcakes and lightly brush the top of each melted marshmallow with water where you'd like to add the green coconut (We recommend using a small pastry brush or damp paper towel).
- Sprinkle a bit of coconut into the centers of the marshmallows one-by-one as you dampen them. Press the center of each with the tip of your finger to form a “nest.” Add a few jelly beans to the center of each nest. Happy hopping!