Lemon Matcha Cookie Sandwiches
We love these cookies so matcha. A delicious mix of lemon and matcha, this delectable cookie sandwich stuffed with chocolate is a perfect anytime treat.
|15 Minutes||20-24 sandwiches|
- 1 bag Stuffed Puffs® Chocolate-on-Chocolate Filled Marshmallows
- 2 tubes of ready-made sugar cookie dough
¾ cups instant pancake mix (makes the cookies a bit more dense and able to hold their shape)
- 3 .07oz packets of matcha tea powder (you can adjust based on desired color and flavor intensity)
- ½ a lemon
- 1 cup powered sugar
- 2 tbsp whole milk
- Preheat your oven to 325° F degrees.
- Prepare cookie mix according to box.
- Knead everything together in large mixing bowl until dough is a green color.
- Form approx 1" balls of the dough (should sit nicely in a ½ tbsp measuring spoon).
- Once oven is preheated, space dough balls evenly on baking sheet and bake for 12 minutes.
- For the icing, mix milk and sugar in a bowl until smooth. Add the juice from a ½ lemon and zest from the other ½. Stir until completely combined.
- Once cookies are baked, let them cool for a few minutes. Gently dip cooled cookies into icing and sprinkle additional lemon zest onto iced cookies before icing sets if desired.
- Cut Stuffed Puffs® Classic Milk Chocolate Filled Marshmallows in half, placing half on top of a cookie. Place in microwave for about 5-6 seconds. Once melted, remove and top with other cookie to complete the sandwich for a yummy spring treat. Enjoy!