Pumpkin Pecan Pie
This pie's going to give everyone pumpkin to talk about (yup, we said it). A delicious take on a holiday classic, this pie is sure to leave no crumb left uneaten.
|1 Hour||10-12 Slices|
- 1 bag Stuffed Puffs® Classic Milk Chocolate Filled Marshmallows
- 1 refrigerated pie crust
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 tbsp butter
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 eggs plus 1 yolk
- ½ cup light brown sugar
- 1 tsp orange zest
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 15 oz can pumpkin puree
- 12 oz can evaporated milk
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 pinch salt
- In a small pot, heat 4 Stuffed Puffs® Filled Marshmallows, 4 oz evaporated milk and vanilla extract on low heat, mixing until evenly melted together. Let cool five minutes.
- Using an electric mixer or whisk, mix pumpkin puree, eggs, brown sugar, pumpkin pie spice, orange zest, salt and remainder of evaporated milk until smooth.
- Add filling to your pie crust.
- Bake at 325 degrees (about 40-50 minutes).
- While baking, chop 4 Stuffed Puffs® into pieces, toss with pecans, butter, cinnamon and melt over medium heat. Stir until evenly mixed.
- Slice remaining Stuffed Puffs® in half.
- Once pie is done baking, add melted chocolate pecan mixture on top and garnish with halved Stuffed Puffs®.
- Bake at 350 degrees for five minutes or until the Stuffed Puffs® have melted. As an alternative, use a butane torch to toast the Stuffed Puffs® to your liking.
- Let cool, slice, and serve.