Pumpkin Pecan Pie
This pie's going to give everyone pumpkin to talk about (yup, we said it). A delicious take on a holiday classic, this pie is sure to leave no crumb left uneaten.
|1 Hour||10-12 Slices|
- 8 Stuffed Puffs® Classic Milk Chocolate Filled Marshmallows, divided
- 1 refrigerated pie crust
- 1 (12 oz) can evaporated milk, divided
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 (15 oz) can pumpkin puree
- 2 eggs, plus 1 yolk
- ½ cup light brown sugar
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp orange zest
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 tbsp butter
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- Heat oven to 325° F. Press refrigerated crust into pie pan. Pinch and trim edges. Set aside.
- In a small pot over low heat, melt 4 Stuffed Puffs® Filled Marshmallows with 4 ounces of the evaporated milk and vanilla extract. Mix frequently until completely melted and smooth. Allow to cool five minutes.
- In a large bowl, use an electric mixer or whisk to mix pumpkin puree, eggs, brown sugar, pumpkin pie spice, orange zest, salt and remaining evaporated milk until smooth.
- Gently fold marshmallow mixture into pumpkin mixture. Do not over mix.
- Add filling to pie pan. Bake 40-45 minutes until center is set. (Stick a knife in the center of the pie—if it comes out clean, the pie is done.)
- While the pie bakes, heat another small saucepan over medium heat. Add Stuffed Puffs®, pecans, butter and cinnamon. Stir until Stuffed Puffs® are melted.
- When pie is done baking, carefully spoon chocolate pecan mixture on top.
- Allow pie to cool completely before garnishing with whipped cream and serving.