S’mores Chocolate Cheesecake
This cheesecake with a s'mores kick is equal parts creamy and sweet. Sure to leave you yearning for a campfire, it's a dessert the whole family will love.
|2 Hours + Chill Time||1 Cheesecake|
GRAHAM CRACKER CRUST
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs (about 12–14 full graham cracker sheets)
- ⅓ cup packed brown sugar
- ½ cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 bag Stuffed Puffs® Chocolate-on-Chocolate Filled Marshmallows
- 1 ¼ cups heavy cream or heavy whipping cream
- Three 8-ounce blocks full-fat cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- ¼ cup sour cream, at room temperature
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
CHOCOLATE GANACHE AND TOPPING
- Two 4-ounce, semi-sweet chocolate bars, finely chopped
- 1 cup heavy cream or heavy whipping cream
- 1 bag Stuffed Puffs® Classic Milk Chocolate Filled Marshmallows
First, make the crust.
- Stir the graham cracker crust ingredients together. Pour into a 9-inch or 10-inch springform pan and pack it very tightly. Freeze for 10-20 minutes as you prepare the cheesecake filling.
Then make the cheesecake filling
- Pour 1 ¼ cups of heavy cream into a small mixing bowl. Use a hand mixer to whip the cream on medium-high speed until stiff peaks form when you lift the beaters out, about 4-5 minutes. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese and granulated sugar together on medium speed until perfectly smooth and creamy. Scrape down the sides and up the bottom of the bowl with a rubber spatula as needed.
- Add the confectioners’ sugar, sour cream, lemon juice, and vanilla extract to the bowl. Beat for 2-3 minutes on medium-high speed until smooth and combined. Make sure there are no large lumps of cream cheese. If there are lumps, keep beating until smooth.
- Using your mixer on low speed or a rubber spatula, fold the whipped cream into the cheesecake filling until just combined, being careful not to overmix.
- Place Chocolate-on-Chocolate Stuffed Puffs® Filled Marshmallows in a microwave-safe bowl and melt in the microwave 30 seconds at a time, stirring in between.
- Stir melted marshmallows into the cheesecake batter.
- Remove crust from the freezer and pour filling into the pan. Use an offset spatula to smooth down the top. Refrigerate for at least 6-8 hours.
Finally, make the ganache!
- Just before you are ready to serve the cheese cake, make the ganache.
- Place the chocolate chips in a microwave-safe bowl and heat 30 seconds at a time in the microwave, stirring in between. Add in a splash of the heavy cream each time you stir. Repeat until chips are melted and smooth and all cream is incorporated.
- Remove cheesecake from the refrigerator and remove the springform.
- Place cheesecake on a wire set on top of a tray. Pour ganache over top of cheesecake, allowing it to completely cover and drip down the sides. Cut Classic Milk Chocolate Stuffed Puffs® in half and place them cut side-down on top of the cheesecake. Use a brulee torch to lightly toast the top of the marshmallows until golden brown.
- Slice and enjoy!
Thanks to our friends at So Yummy for whipping up these sweet treats.